Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Holidays and stuff

Wow - finally a blog entry not about climbing!!

The last couple of weeks have been quite busy and fun. I had two wonderful Christmas dinners with my adopted Calgary family - the Muiznieks. The daughters Tat, Aleks, Erika, Dionne and the parents Rolands and Rasma. This family has been amazing to me, they've let me live with them when I was looking for a home, the fed me when I was hungry and took me out when I wanted to party.

The Muiznieks brought Chewie and I into their home and welcomed us with open arms. Chew and I actually made the family newsletter this year!!

Thanks to them my first holidays away from my family wasn't so bad. I ate a ton of turkey and had alot of laughs surrounded by this amazing, caring family.

New Years was fun too - we didn't want a big blown up thing so we hit a bar and drank-in the New Year. Other than a couple of hours at work during the holidays I did alot of ice climbing and eating.



On Monday Tat and I finally got out to Sunshine Resort to ride (ski in Tat's case). The sun was out, the temps were warm (right around freezing) and the snow was pretty good considering that the mountains hadn't seen new snow in over 5 days.

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was the climbing?

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dogsled team....? does that mean albetra beef fed babes?

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're selling it to me with these pictures...wow...those are serious slopes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home