Monday, October 03, 2005

Kev is home..... Yikes!!!

Hey friends...

Well after 3 months of being a homeless vagrant, the end has come and Kevin has taken up residence!! Sweet jesus!



So I've been spending too much time at ikea and other home stores... thinking about things like coffee tables, couches and swiffers (swiffers are cool bones by the way!)

So my place is far from complete - I've included a couple pics - but the place is very much still in need of decorating as I have only been here 2 days. I still need to make it home. Being the true geek that I am - my gear was the first thing unpacked!


I've decided to take my favorite pics from the last 3 month's worth of adventures and put them up as 8x10's throughout my place. I'm still trying to figure out if I can get a hangboard - if anyone has experience putting one up please send me an email.

Tomorrow I have 2 meetings - one is an interview with a headhunting firm - the other is a networking meeting with a senior guy in the IT world. Tat's dad Rolands has been very nice to me and hooked up this meeting - Thanks Rollie!

For the last 2 weeks I've been staying with Tat's family - Rolands and Rasma and their 3 daughters Alex, Dionne and Erica (3 beautiful girls, 2 in their early 20's and Dionne is 18). We had a blast - Rasma and I would chat for an hour every morning while drinking our coffee. Rolands and I would talk about everythign from work to hiking in the mountians, and the girls and I would talk about all the partying they had been doing (they party ALOT... way more than I ever could!).

The Muiznieks family has been amazing - I have plates, 2 super comfy round bamboo chairs and countless other things from them, I am grateful that this amazing family has brought me in like they have... without them things would be much much harder for me.

So now that I am fattened up its up to me to cook and live... hope things work out.

If you don't hear from me its probably cause I starved and died.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

Kev

7 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handsome Flat. Looks like you have enough ceiling height to put the hangboard above any doorway. Just got get yourself a stud finder and a cordless driver, the screw supplied by the board should be long enough to get into the wall.

Good luck with the interviews!

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pad H! All the best dude...Kapt

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohooo...Kevin has his own place again! And what a mack-daddy pad it is!! The florida flatland girl wants to know what a hangboard is...

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hangboard

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!!
Let me know how it goes!
and your apartment looks really nice!!

B.

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm...that cam sure looks familiar.

Nice Pad Man! You got a nick name for it yet, like the Sugar Shack, or Big Black Daddy's Love Nest???

...you have to take the spam out of the can if you want to cook it...and ketchup does not count as a vegetable.

You the MAN!

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

since we haven't heard anything on here forever... has kevin starved and died?? :o hope not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home