Sunday, August 14, 2005



Haven't posted a blog in a while so figure I'd fill ya'll in on what I've been up to.

I'm staying with Todd and Nicole (friends from Toronto). They have been amazing - they opened up their lovely home and have done sooo much to make me feel comfortable and 'at home'.


I told Nicole when came here that I was either going to move to Calgary or Vancouver (at the time I was leaning towards Calgary). She made it a personal mission to persuade me that Vancouver was the place to be.


I made Sunday D-day. Today was the day that I was going to decide where I was to setup shop.

I woke up late - went for a great run along Kitsalano Beach. The beach was great - beautiful people everywhere, gorgeous mountains as a backdrop and great ocean. I liked it so much that I came back later and went for a 2 hour stroll down the beach.

After staring at the sailboats, beautiful woman and. The dogs playing in the water I knew... That Vancouver was where I belong.

I love Calgary - the people are incredible, the mountains are spectacular and the shot-girls at Cowboys' want to have my babies. Dispite all of this I think Vancouver is going to be where I plant my roots - for now.

I'm not sure how the next little while will go, I need to find both a job and an apartment ASAP, from there I have no idea what will happen...

Tomorrow I begin 'working' to find work and a new home. The carefree attitude I've had will be replaced by the stress of no money, no job and only a carload of posessions.

At the same time I'm excited... I closed the last chapter of my life with one of the rad'est trips ever - with the best friends I could ever ask for. I don't know what this next chapter will hold - but I'm excited as hell to find out.

To my Toronto friends and family I want to tell you all how much I love you guys, your smiles, jokes and support is what made my time in Toronto amazing. I am everything I am today because of you (not sure if that's good or bad).

I expect all of you to come visit me in my new home.

Kev

6 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's going to be crazy here without you! Who will plan all the climbing trips? I guess it's settled... from now on, all of our climbing trips will just have to be in Vancouver! Good luck with the apartment/job hunting!!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of Luck dude. It's sad for us to "lose" another friend to the wild west.

Will definitely come out to visit!

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would want to come back to On-terrible anyway?
You're making the right choice hun - and you will out live us all.

SO happy for you. Kisses from Toronto..

Nat

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...as with all passings, I am filled with joy and sadness. K-dog you have no idea how much you will be missed. You are a rare and infectious individual who brings so many people together...to talk about penises. To quote Sting "there's a hole...in my life".

Congrats and all the best.

Colin

PS My flag is at half mast for you baby.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev, you really are an inspiration. I hope everything out there goes superbly well for you, and beyond all expectations. Clearly you're already missed (though I must say, had no idea you and Colin were so close - penises at half mast?! ;)
Best of luck, mate. Hope to see you on the mountain some day (soon!).

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mountains is where you belong Kev! Glad you took this time to leave and pursue something you wanted to do for so long! Although I don't think Chew would like it so much in Vancouver. Again can I have her? The best of luck to you

JD
xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home