Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spring in the Rockies

Hey hey...

Haven't been posting much - feeling like maybe I should end this, not sure how many if any of you are still reading it...



Anyways - if there is anyone out there April has been a super fun. I turned 28 - shit that sounds so old! My dad came out to visit which was awesome, we went to Kicking Horse in the interior of BC for some amazing spring skiing.





It was so great seeing my dad, it doesn't seem to matter how old I am I still feel like a kid and love playing with my dad.

Other than that my friends Lockie and Jess moved here - which is amazing. I've got a little bit of toronto here in calgary now. I didn't realize how much I missed having a climbing partner to train with - Lock is great motivation, we're both training hard trying to get strong for all the rock climbing we have planned for the summer.

Over Easter my boy Al came to visit from Ft. Mac - which is about as far from the mountains as you can get and still be in Alberta. Al loves climbing so it was a treat to take him out for some fun early-season rock climbing.









After Al left Lock and I got a beautiful day to climb on Yamnuska (a beautiful 1000 foot clif not far from Calgary).













The climb we did ended up going up a chimney and required us to climb through a hole in the top of the mountian!














Playoff hockey has started now too - the Flames are playing the Mighty Ducks in the first round. Anyone that knows me knows that I really don't give much of a shit about hockey... partying however - thats different... I love partying and well playoff hockey in Calgary means LOTS of partyin.



I live on 17th Ave - which is the center of the Calgary party scene and down the street from the Saddledome. After a win - Flames fans spill out onto 17th and go nuts...





These pics are from Friday night... I couldn't believe how fuckin crazy people here were... and all that celebrating for just winning the first of 7 games!!











Trying to keep it short - later.

5 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you keep this blog up at least until July! It's one of my favourite sites to check for updates when I'm online. Now that I'm moving back to Petawawhere? for a month, I'll definitely be checking for more updates pretty often ;)
Chewie's a lot smaller than I thought she was. How old is she? And, more importantly, how is she doing?
Glad to hear you're having such a good time out there. Looks like a whole heap o' fun...
cheers!

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep it running bro. I check it on a constant basis.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger White Square said...

Beautiful Pictures...

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey H - dont shut'er down - it is fun to read your stories!
How is your pooch?
How did you guys like Grillmair's Chimney route on Yam?
Hugs! Kapt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home