Saturday, July 29, 2006

Off to the Bugaboos

Finally!!!

My big summer trip to the Bugaboos has arrived... I just finished packing all my gear. There is probably 80 pounds of gear, food and clothes in my pack - somehow I have to carry that up a 3.5 hour hike with 2500 feet of elevation gain just to get to the rustic 'hut' we're staying at.

For those who don't know about the Bugaboos - here's a little blurb:

"Definitions for 'bugaboo'

noun: an imaginary monster used to frighten children

noun: a source of concern

One look at the glaciated granite spires of the Bugaboos and you’ll agree that the definition is well fitting. So what’s there to be concerned about? For starters Bugaboo Provincial Park is no stranger to bad weather. Come prepared for rain and snow no matter the time of year or wether reports. Consecutive years of low snow packs have made the glaciated approaches to many of the spires treacherous, and come August the canvases are at their widest. Don't forget your helmet and ice axe."

Here's a pic of one of the climbs I'm going to do... See you guys in a week with pics of my own to show you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home