Tuesday, July 19, 2005

strangers


The one thing about this trip that has impressed me the most isn't the climbing - or the beautiful mountains: its the acts of kindness I have experienced from people we have met.

Tat: I met her for a couple hours at Lija's house in Toronto in june. Here it is july and I stayed at her place for 10 days. She seemed so happy to open her home up to Al and I. In the end she has become a good friend.



Rolands: Tat's dad - this guy invited Al and I to his house for 2 wonderful meals. We went to the Stampede together and talked about the mountains.

Rolands is quite the hiker.He goes out almost every weekend to do some very impressive all-day hikes up mountains . As soon as he heard that Al and I were going to hike up pounds of water to camp Ín the bugaboos he insisted we take his water filter, saving us from hiking gallons of water up a 3 hour hike up to the hut.

Mike and Claire: Saw Al and I at MEC and recognized us from when they lived in Toronto and climbed at Rock Oasis. We talked at MEC for 5 minutes and they graciously offered to take Al and I climbing and let us stay at their house for 2 nights (I am in their son's room now).



All these amazing people and I've only been gone for 2 weeks...

I'm pretty excited to see what other great people I will meet in the coming weeks.

K-

5 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suits your title 'Pilgrimage' very well. You are someone that cherish friendship all along, now it is returning the favour.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cherith said it well. it seems natural that friendly generous guys like both of you would meet up with similar folks... too bad toronto is so cold.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto....good to see karma's doing its thing.

 
At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love clicking onto this website everyday and finding out what you two are up to...it is very uplifting to hear your stories of kindness and goodtimes. Good luck in the Bugs!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Kev said...

Ahhh guys... its like a big love-fest. Now EVERYONE lets move out here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home